Tuesday 1 July 2008

Day 91

Okay, okay! It's on now. Please don't shout, I know, I know!

Well, somehow they found us. You promised me we'd be... I know it's not your fault! I'm sorry! You said we'd be safe but we weren't and they found us.

I am! I don't know why you asked me to record this now! We're in your vehicle heading who knows where, and we're both stressing out.

You say they don't know where we are at the moment. I hope that's true... do you have a destination in mind?

You tried to explain to me why they're after us, and I still, still don't fully understand. You say that I'm special somehow, that something happened to me that is unique. You used words that I recognise yet don't understand, so some of it still doesn't make any sense.

I spent the last few weeks learning, I guess, learning about the way the world is, but yet again it felt like I was learning something I already knew, but everything was ever-so subtly different.

We should record more often if you want to keep this up to date, it's hard trying to remember everything that happens when events are so compressed and flow so quickly as they have in recent weeks.

Time... I'm kinda getting used to the speed of it, or the slowness of it... and the way it changes, seemingly flowing quickly one moment then dragging the next. Another oddity of this world I suppose. Which is such a weird thing to say, now I've said it aloud. You tell me I'm not alien, I'm not a stroke victim, I'm not a survivor from some horrid accident, but still... No, I don't know.

Careful! Please, please, I'm only gradually getting used to the world, let alone travelling in a vehicle!

Yes, I think it has plenty of battery, we left it charging over night remember? Anyway, the light is still flashing so I guess it's still recording.

It's late afternoon so the sun is reasonably high, but you say we're going to be on the road for a long time. I know, there's no way I can drive, can you take breaks? Okay sure, but please, don't let us be in more danger from those that hunt us, if you get tired.

Put the... the radio back on.

No comments: