Wednesday 23 July 2008

Day 113

I'm... I'm what? No, I don't understand. Sure, you've done a pretty good job of explaining things to me but, no... that just doesn't make any sense.

I don't understand how that makes me so... what? Never? Well, what about me then? Is that why I feel so out-of-place? Is that why everything is so familiar, yet so new? Is that why this whole world feels like, I don't know, feels like... damn I just don't have the words.

It's like the difference between someone who has ridden a bike all his life, compared to someone who's just been told what a bike is, and read about one, and seen pictures of one, throughout their life, so much so that they feel that if they were given a bike for the first time, they'd know exactly how to use it. I feel like I KNOW what everything is, how everything works, but I realise that it's not through my own actions and learning, but through explanation and word-of-mouth and second-hand knowledge.

And now, these things you're telling me. These explanations for why I feel like this, why I'm different, why I can't remember things before that time...

Why now? Why wasn't I ready to be told this last week? Or next week? Why now?

No comments: