Tuesday 12 August 2008

Day 133

I think I know what the letter says.

It wasn't "fry nud" at all, it was "friend". The last line reads "A friend".

I'm scared of the rest of the letter, though. If I'm reading it right, of course. I hope I'm making a terrible mistake somewhere in the pronunciation but, I daren't assume that. And it's pretty simple, and hard to misread, I think.

The letter starts a little strange, and I assume the person is talking about me. It reads, "To the one who knows not who she is."

Every time I read the next part, my stomach fills with dread and, and... I don't understand it. "They know where you are. They are watching you. They know what you have done."

Then, "Stay where you are. You are safe for now." - which seems contradictory to me. How can I be safe when they know I'm here? I don't even know who they are!

It then ends simply with "A friend."

What do I do? If they're watching me, surely I should get out now? But where would I go? I don't have a car. Not anymore. I have nowhere to run.

I wrote a note back.

I found a card, with pictures of some kind of food, and the back was blank. So I used a pen from behind the counter at the front of the station.

I didn't know what else to write, so I just wrote "Help."

I put it back where I found the other note, just inside the door, on the patch of dirty floor.

I am so scared.

Help me. Please.

No comments: