Monday 4 August 2008

Day 125

[click]-lo? Hello?

Hello?

OK, I guess this is working, then.

The one thing that's been consistant over the last few months is this recorder, so, I think I'll keep using it. I don't know what else to do.

At least this place still has electricity. Ah, yeah, I forget that there's things you don't know, things you haven't been told. I'm in an abandoned gas station. There's food here, stuff in tins, and occasionally another car will drive past. Sometimes, rarely, someone will come and rattle the main doors at the front, but they always go away, eventually, and it's not like this place doesn't look abandoned.

So, we managed to escape from them. He, he helped me drive, all this way, I don't know how long it took, but the sun set and rose again during the journey, and I was so, so tired. I'd never driven a car for that long before, never for more than about 10 minutes before, but it had to be done, otherwise... I don't know what, otherwise.

He kept falling asleep, and I dared not wake him, he seemed to be in a lot of pain. He wouldn't let me know why. So, I just kept driving. He woke up, and told me to pull over into this place, and here is where we, and the car, have stayed.

That was the last thing he said to me.

I don't know what else to do.

I need help. I need answers. I have no idea where to go, who to ask. I'm too scared to ask any of the people who keep coming here, who keep driving past, who are presumably going about their own business. I'm also utterly, terribly frightened, because I think the only people who can answer my questions are the people who are looking for me, and I can't risk them finding me.

He had the answers too, I think. Maybe he didn't know what they meant, though. I tried for a long, long time, to wake him up. I felt sure he was just asleep. Maybe he still is.

So, right now, all I have is to keep myself going, is this recorder. I will keep myself going.

I don't know how long the food in here will last. The water seems clean.

Maybe he's just asleep. I should check.

No comments: