Sunday 21 February 2010

Day 691 / 115

I am alive.

This has come as rather a shock to me, to be honest. The last thing I remember was hearing a window smashing, then the sound of something metallic and heavy hitting the wooden floor with a thud and rolling up against a wall, loud voices from outside, and then a feeling of immense pressure, a blinding light, searing burning pain, and then... nothing. Nothing, for so, so long.

But here... here I am.

I appear to have awoken in a small building constructed from wooden planks, like a shed maybe. Small gaps between the planks are letting narrow beams of light pierce the darkness. Through the flimsy plastic window I can see a house.

I've been watching the house for a little while now. Occasionally I see movement, brief shapes passing the windows.

I'm hungry.

No comments: